Our books have re-opened to new patients with limited availability.
- If you are a new patient, please email your referral to email@example.com for triaging. We will contact you to discuss your referral.
- Please respond promptly to the SMS Appointment Confirmation message we send you with YES to confirm your appointment or NO to cancel (call or email us if you need to change your appointment).
- Ensure you have completed and returned the Patient Registration Health History Form and Code of Conduct Form at least 14 days prior to the day of your appointment.
- If you have an allergy consultation, please stop all antihistamines three (3) days prior to the day of your appointment.
- Bring your current Medicare and Concession (if applicable) cards with you so we can process your Medicare rebate for you.
- Routine blood testing (if required) is generally bulk billed. Occasionally there may be some small out of pocket test charges. Please discuss these with your nominated blood collection or imaging centre.
We always do our best to see you at your scheduled time, however occasionally we run late. It is wise to leave extra time for your appointment in case you experience an extended waiting time.
SOME IMPORTANT DETAILS:
Our email inbox is monitored on a continuous basis but due to the busy nature of our practice, replies can take up to 48 hours.
- After two years of closed books, we recently reopened our books to new patients, with extremely limited availability. We are prioritising lower end of the Central Coast patients who are chronically ill or have life-threatening conditions.
There is a considerable wait for non-urgent appointments, and we do not automatically accept all referrals. We will write to your GP if we return your referral.
Once your referral is lodged in our system you will receive an SMS message. Due to the heavy influx of referrals, please allow up to 10 days turnaround for triaging.
- If you are a John Hunter Patient, please redirect your enquiry to John Hunter Hospital Immunology Department, Phone 4922 3444. We are unable to assist you in our private clinic at Erina.
We do not work at the John Hunter, and we cannot access your records.
- We do not answer clinical questions or provide medical advice via email or phone. If you have clinical questions or problems, please talk to your GP in the first instance, or phone our rooms on 4321 0666 to arrange an appointment.
- If you require a repeat script, we are able to provide these to you ONLY if you have had a consultation within the past nine months AND we have previously prescribed the medication. This includes EpiPen renewals.
We will book you a 10 minute telephone ‘script consultation’ which has a fee of $45 and a Medicare rebate of $39.25.
The consultation is only to discuss your medication, not any other issues. Please let us know if you have other issues and we will book you a 20 minute review appointment.
- WE DO NOT OFFER WORKERS COMPENSATION OR MEDICOLEGAL CONSULTATIONS. If during the course of your clinical care, your immune / allergy condition becomes a workers compensation/ medicolegal matter, we will release your file to your nominated lawyer/workers compensation organisation and return you to the care of your GP. As a busy specialist practice we do not have resources to accommodate the amount of administrative work these matters require.
- WE DO NOT TREAT COVID-RELATED CONDITIONS SUCH AS: LONG-COVID, POST-COVID FATIGUE, POST-VIRAL COVID DISEASES OR COVID VACCINE-RELATED SYNDROMES. Covid virus and Covid vaccination after-effects continue to evolve; our clinic does not have any current treatment options available to treat these COVID-related conditions. As global clinical trials yield peer-reviewed treatments we will advise GP’s and begin to accept patients with Covid issues that we are able to assist.